Vayniac Cabernet 2007
How else can we change the wine world? Let’s make some wine together!
As announced on Wine Library TV, the 2007 Vayniac Cab is your opportunity to participate in the winemaking process from start to finish. This revolutionary community wine has been a collaborative Vayniac effort. Fortunately, we have some pros on board as well:
– Custom wine facilitation by Crushpad, who will be organizing everything on site.
- Kian Tavakoli, formerly of Opus One and Clos du Val.
- Camille Benitah, assistant winemaker for Merus.
- Mount Veeder
- Oak Knoll
– Outstanding Winemakers
– Excellent Vineyards’ fruit sourced from the following areas in Napa:
Purchase even one bottle on pre-sale and you can participate!
– Work the Crush
- Contact Stuart Ake: firstname.lastname@example.org for info on participation during Crush.
- In late September / early October 2007, get dirty, get some exercise, and help make some wine.
- Sort the grapes and participate in crushing, fermenting, and pressing.
- This is a unique opportunity to learn about winemaking firsthand and literally enjoy the fruits of your labor!
- Taste samples from the Barrel in early 2008.
- The top five purchasers of Vayniac Cab will have the opportunity to join Gary in selecting the final blend: experiment with different combinations, just as Gary did during his trip to Bordeaux!
- In addition, 5 very lucky Vayniacs will be randomly selected to participate in the final blend with an all expenses paid trip! Details to follow on WLTV.
- The final blend will have a critical impact on the end product.
- Witness the release of your wine and celebrate with the Vayniac Nation!
- Join the Vayniac Cab group on Crushnet, where you can track the progress of the grapes, view video of all the Vayniac madness in the trenches, and discuss the wine with other Vayniacs.
– Taste Barrel Samples
– Participate in the Final Blending
– Attend the San Francisco Release Party in 2009
– Track the Progress
Direct any and all questions about this project to our Crushpad liaison, Stuart Ake: email@example.com
Having trouble viewing this video? Try the Quicktime version.
Vayniac Cab Updates